ABOUT THE TRAINING
Each dog is individually trained by Fred Presson of High On Kennels. High On Kennels specializes in training hunting dogs. In addition, Fred trains thousands of dogs each year to avoid rattlesnakes. If you haven't seen this type of training before you will be amazed!
- Your dog must be at least six months old to participate. It would be very helpful if your dog has basic obedience training, it will be more difficult to train.
- Check in and training times can take between 20 and 60 minutes.
- Advanced payment of $85 per dog is required. 1 Dog-$85/2 Dogs-$170/3 Dogs-$255
- Credit card payments are processed through Square or PayPal. Your credit card bill will show Rattlesnake Aversion for Dogs or Debbie Sharpton as the payee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received within one week of the event.
Our training clinics are conducted in a safe, humane, and controlled environment ensuring the safety of your dog, people, and rattlesnakes. The snakes are strategically placed in three stations and the dogs are fitted with an electronic training collar. The dog is led through the training course by the professional trainer while you observe from a short distance away. Your dog is allowed to encounter the rattlesnake at which point the dog is stimulated using the electronic collar.The training process is repeated as many times necessary to assure you that your dog will understand the sight, sound, and smell of a rattlesnake (they have a distinct odor that dogs can discern from other snakes). Certain "refresher" trainings (year 2 and beyond) require only one pass of the course, they remembered! That's what we want to see!
The training session is one-on-one and initially will be repeated several times to make sure the dog understands. The trainer recommends three consecutive annual trainings to secure the sight, scent and smell of a rattlesnake, and the aversion to it in your dog's mind. The check-in, possible wait (some dogs take more time to train than others) and training takes approximately 20-60 minutes.
You will receive a confirmation email after you complete the purchase. If you need assistance registering your dog(s) you can contact me at 805-338-8278 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions for Registering One or More Dogs
1. Choose which appointment type you want based on how many dogs you want to register and where you want to attend.
2. Select a date (in bold type). Choose a start time. The system will block off the full amount of time for you. If you want to space your dogs out for your own personal reasons you will have to register one at a time.
Appointment times are presented at 8 minute intervals to establish the training order only. Actual training times vary.