Check out our Safety Days, Medical Training, Food Drive and more Events on our Calendar.
Pistol Range Info
Rifle & Pistol Fees
Open to the Public: Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
Open to Members: 7 Days a week - Sunrise to Sunset.
Members $10 on Saturday and Sunday.
(Annual & Life Members may use R&P range when not open to the public, during daylight hours, for no fee.)
Non-Members $25 for all day when open to the public.
(non-member guests in attendance with a member $15*)
*note limit 2 guests/member.
Ammunition: Available for the most popular handgun/rifle calibers. Prices vary by caliber.
CLICK BUTTON below to sign and agree to participate in activities at WCGC. Signing this waiver is voluntary. However, use of range or presence on premises is dependent on signature.
PISTOL RANGE: 20 Position Pistol Range - This covered firing line is very popular with local families, re-loaders, and competitive shooters. The WCGC handgun range is split into two separate ranges. 50 Yard Range (Range A) and 25 yard Range (Range B).
For Pistol Instruction at Winchester Canyon Gun Club, Please see the "Contact Us" page on our website for a list of WCGC Approved Instructors.
*WCGC Does NOT have Pistols for Rent.
For current dates and times, see our Calendar!
FALLING PLATES Action Pistol Match takes place once a month on the 200 yard pistol range. Contestants compete against the clock to knock down six steel plates mounted on racks located at the 25 yard line. Competition starts 10 yards from the plates and progresses backward to distances of 15, 20 and 25 yards. We sometimes also shoot bowling pins at this match.
Safety rules are strictly enforced, and no one handles any firearm after the match starts except the people whose turn it is to shoot.
MUZZLE LOADING BLACK POWDER RIFLE AND PISTOL MATCHES take place once a month on the 200 yard rifle range. Competition is from the firing line out to 100 yards and 200 yards. Targets are steel gongs, with paper targets, located between 50 and 200 yards. Safe handling of old style muzzle loading arms and period dress and costumes are promoted.
WCGC Handgun Rules and Protocols
The WCGC handgun range is split into two separate ranges.
50 Yard Range (Range A) and 25 yard Range (Range B).
Rules and Protocols for Handgun Range A (50 Yard Range)
Rules and Protocols for Handgun Range B (25 Yard Range)
15. If you observe an unsafe act, depending on severity, inform the person of their actions and educate them on safe firearm handling and/or contact the on-duty RSO on public days. If act warrants it, call a cease fire until the situation is no longer a safety hazard. On non-public days, attempt to identify the person and inform the range manager of the incident at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CLUB WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL SHOOTING ON THE EQUINOXES AND SOLSTICES. Activities such as work parties are permitted but discharging of all firearms is strictly prohibited.
Hours and fees are subject to change throughout the year. Current fees are posted at the range. All events are subject to change due to weather or range conditions. See Calendar for full information.
WINCHESTER CANYON GUN CLUB RANGE RULES
1. The RANGEMASTER and TRAPMASTER have ABSOLUTE AND FINAL AUTHORITY OVER THE RANGES AND FIELDS, AND MAY EXPEL ANYONE AT THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. Safety is our highest priority. Anyone who sees a violation of these Range Rules or any unsafe activity should inform the Rangemaster or Trapmaster immediately. If neither is available, the person seeing the problem has the responsibility and authority to correct the violation as quickly as safety permits. Safety is EVERYONE’s responsibility.
2. All shooters and guests of shooters (members or non-members) MUST sign a waiver prior to any shooting on the ranges. This includes all events. Adult parent/guardian must sign a waiver for all minors that they accompany. Adult Shooters must be over the age of 21 or over the age of 18 with a valid & unexpired Hunting License. Signed waiver is good for one year. https://wildlife.ca.gov/Hunter-Education
3. Minors under the age of 18 MUST be under the direct control and immediate close supervision of a responsible accompanying adult at all times on any range. IN ADDITION, in order to shoot a handgun at WCGC, a person under 18 MUST be under the direct control of a parent or legal guardian. WCGC employees will NOT act as an accompanying adult. Adult Shooters must be over the age of 21 or over the age of 18 with a valid & unexpired Hunting License.
4. Instruction. A certified firearms instructor approved by the Board MUST be present whenever live fire instruction is given at any Club sponsored event.
5. BOTH EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE MANDATORY for anyone on or nearby any Range or firing line.
6. Use only handguns on the Handgun Range, rifles on the Rifle Range, and only shotguns on the Trap and Skeet Fields. Handguns and shotguns are permitted on the 200 yard range IF REQUIRED DURING A BOARD APPROVED EVENT. .22 rimfire rifles are permitted on the handgun range or rifle range. Class III firearms are permitted only for board-approved events such as Law Enforcement training. Firing modern rifles chambered for caliber .50 BMG and larger is prohibited. This prohibition does not apply to handguns, muzzle loading firearms or rifles chambered for one of the early black powder cartridges.
7. Point muzzles in a safe direction. When not on the firing line, all firearms will be unloaded, with action open and muzzle pointed in a safe direction (usually pointed down on the shotgun fields and up on rifle and handgun ranges). Rifles not in use will be completely unloaded, with actions open and racked or cased. Unused handguns will be completely unloaded, with actions open, and placed on a bench or cased. Leaving the range area with a holstered handgun may be allowed at the discretion of the Rangemaster. At no time will a firearm be loaded except when shooting on the firing line or on command during a match or event. Drawing and firing a handgun from a holster is allowed only if required by the certified instructor or event chair.
8. Targets. It is prohibited to shoot at structures, walls, exploding targets, glass, rocks, hard flat surfaces, or trash. Do NOT place targets where they may cause rounds to "skip" out of the range boundaries. Use only paper targets, posted on properly constructed frames or the range- supplied metal gongs on the handgun range. Board authorized events may feature other targets including, metallic silhouettes, bowling pins and falling steel plates. Only bio-degradable clay targets are allowed on the shotgun fields.
9. Aimed fire only. Poorly aimed rapid fire (Spray and Pray) is prohibited on all ranges at all times.
10. Stay behind the firing line. No one shall go forward of the rifle or handgun bay pads or shotgun shooting stations for any reason while the range is live. The range or field must be closed and the red flag properly posted in front of the firing lines before going downrange.
11. Cease fires. When a cease fire is called, all firearms must be completely unloaded, actions must be opened, rifles must be placed in a rack, and handguns must be placed on a bench or in a case. Handling of firearms is absolutely forbidden for any reason whenever anyone is forward of the firing line.
12. Use of the club by members: The club is closed to all shooting on the equinoxes, solstices, and board-approved Native American ceremonial days. Use of the ranges by members and their guest(s) is allowed on all other days from sunrise to sunset. Members must be present with their guest(s). Lending WCGC membership cards or gate combinations is prohibited. Gates shall be kept locked except when the ranges are open to the general public. Only Board authorized personnel may open containers, or club buildings.
13. Use of the 200 yard range is restricted. During public hours of operation, access to the 200 yard range is limited to board authorized events and under control of the Rangemaster with coordination of the event chair. Individual shooters may be allowed to use the 200 yard range at the sole discretion of the Rangemaster. See full WCGC 200 Yard Range Protocols HERE.
14. Clean-up. Leave the range in better condition than you found it. Clean up brass, empty shells, and targets. Put unfired or DUD rounds in the appropriate containers or take them with you. Do NOT put them in the regular trash.
15. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES MAY BE CONSUMED ON THE FIRING LINE. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted on any firing line. ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN ON THE RIFLE AND HANDGUN RANGES.
16. Respect those around you! Keep ALL pets on a leash or contained at all times. Pets are NOT allowed on any firing line or shotgun station at any time. Behavior that disturbs or distracts others is dangerous and prohibited. Follow the RULES specific to any range, field or event. Comply immediately with direction from the Rangemasters, Trapmasters or event chairs. Your life and the safety and lives of those around you depend on it.